September 9, 2009

living like this has brought me to this



PTISD
by Matt Freire

if i had to choose between a rock and a hard place i would choose the rock
to knock myself out with
for even only a few hours
escaping this for just awhile
hoping this will pass
i don’t want to pass out in a hard place
that just doesn’t sound fun
but i am in a hard place
and i feel faint

ive been foul, disgusting, rotten, grotesque
the presence i'm giving off is one inhuman
i have become a different person
i actually don’t consider myself human
i'm some type of vile creature who prays on the innocent and unsuspecting

people don't want to be around me
people i don't want to be around

i make a conscious effort to stay in solitude these days
a recluse i've turned into by necessity
i can’t control my violent outbreaks anymore
i never thought i'd come to this
i always thought myself a better man
maybe standards were unrealistic
maybe i didn't put everything into factor
or factor everything
too illogical for me to achieve
now as society is out of reach
because i devolved into something
that i can’t quite word

i am the type your haste is a must

i am the type you flee with child in hand
when i enter the room you better put your ear muffs on
because i'm vicious
i will attack you
i will show no mercy
attacking man woman and child
this matters not to i
at this
the current state of my life

the army has a large part to do with this
war has a huge part to do with this
i have a ginormous part to do with this
living like this has brought me to this

i don't like it when it’s quiet
i know the horrors that creep in the quiet
like masked ninjas throwing blades and poison darts
i don't like it when its loud
it creates discomfort
the noise wakes me up at night
and it tears me up at times
even though that’s hard to admit how odious i have become

because i've never teared in the silent of the night before
like this before
i've never had to keep moving trying to get away from myself before
like this before
i can’t stand myself
before after or during
like this no more
i'm a nasty horrible evil
i will never be able to forget the things that i did
for sure
the people i did them to
not forewarned
it makes my hair fall out
and then want to burn my clothes
the air is torn
scrub my hands till they bleed clean
to get this horrid off my corpse because i am beyond the stench of death

can there be a cure to this
i was not always like this
and i cannot live like this
i can handle it while i'm here in afghan
for a bit
but in the states
in society
my kind is not welcome
my kind is not asked
but poked with a long stick to leave
great shame i've become
great unease i've caused myself and those around

borborygmus like no other
when i burp it taste like vomit
yes i can actually taste my burps
and if you were within a 15 foot radius you could too
i can even chew on my burps as if it were vomit flavored oatmeal jelly fish
with chunks of goat flesh and MREs
and that can not compare to
the methane that i produce
and the toilette food
i care not to describe
for i have self diagnosed myself with PTISD
putrid traumatic intestine sewage disorder
or maybe disease
i don't know it’s hard to think
i'm writing this from my porcelain island of relief and discomfort
with the door open
for being enclosed with myself right now is not an option

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Nephew,
    The fact that you realize this is happening to you and know that is not who you want to be shows that you still have a concious of right and wrong. That shows you still have your heart and soul. You are not doing these things you feel are making you evil, an outcast to our society and losing who you were by choice. you are being forced to do these things! There is a huge difference. You can't just lay down the gun and say I don't want to play this game anymore. You would be killed. It is down to the fine line of kill or be killed. You are going to have to become the animal~ only doing what it is that allows you to survive. Remember they can take your body but only you can give your soul! I am so sorry you are there. I am not afraid to say that I don't want you there! I don't believe you need to be there going through this. I do not believe in war as an answer to today's problems. I do not believe this is what you had in mind when you were signing up. i want you to come home Matthew! It is WRONG that you are there! There it has been said from my heart. I am proud of you but not because you are in the war but because you are you. Don't lose yourself Matt! you did not ask for all of this. Don't blame yourself. Just survive, come home and know that your family will be here to help you untangle some of the evil webs you have been encased in.some will not be untangled for they are permanently wrapped into your skin for life. I can not lie. This is going to fuck you up bro! But only as much as you let it. You still have your spirit! Do not let them break it. You have the right to be angry. But why at yourself?
    YOU have no choices Matt. You must do as your told. You are the messenger not the sender. You did not create this hellish situation. So as you're getting beat up~ STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP!We are all here for you. It is not much consolation with what you are going through but I'll be damned if I let you forget who you were before you left and I will be here when you return and help you through anything to get your head screwed back on if even lop sided! Just do what you got to do, know we are all counting on you to SURVIVE AND COME HOME! And whatever evils you are forced to do to make that happen I whole heartedly support. I love you Matt! Hang on brother! We need you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. matt.
    hmmm. i hope it gets better for you.. that must be tough. war really stinks! i love you
    whit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm, someone missed the punchline at the end. killer post about diarrhea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps. However the piece is likely a metaphor for the mental and emotional anguish. diarrhea is really the war, the flatulence the stench of war.

    Can't stand the affect of oneself. The comparison works.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

[eastern europe]

[south west utah]