August 22, 2009

I have nothing to say


You can own skipping stones or you can throw them
by Matt Freire

He spit out what he ate
And tacked on an H
Now he’s a big man
Now he talks tough
He spits a confetti of hate
Verbal graffiti covers his world like used condoms
Dripping lube and tears
Blood and innocence
Masking insecurities
But I
I have no words to say

She sharpens her daggers
On the edges of every person she meets
She builds up her defenses
So no man can infiltrate
Now she's locked and loaded
Now she's fine tuning her sights
For that pitiful twit to say something
Anything and he's overrun like cancer
Everything causes cancer

Maybe cancer is the cause of everything
Anyway he's dead
Not breathing
And laying there cold he doesn’t even have a smile
Just nothing
And I
I have nothing to say

But plenty in my generation have something to say
Have you ever though that this is the generation that will make a difference
Make a change
On a global scale
For the better
This generation
My generation
Has the ability and the tools
The know how
And the desire
In my life time already my generation has witnessed more change then any other generation in history
And the changes have just begun
An my life has just begun
And I have a front row seat
But I get up to go to the concession stand because I have a sweet tooth
The show has already started
But I know I can just go online
On the internet and recap what I’ve missed
See the world second hand
Live life second hand

Yet I
My tongue is tied
Because I'm a second hand man
In a second hand life
Eating second hand food
With a second hand spoon
Seconds I will have
Because one isn’t as good as two



Photo:
U.S. Army Soldiers from 4th Brigade Combat Team 25th Infantry Division, Focus Targeting Force, wait for the CH-47 Chinook helicopter to conclude an air assault mission to search the Khowst province of Afghanistan during Operation Champion Sword on Aug. 5, 2009. Operation Champion Sword is a joint operation involving Afghanistan National Security Forces and International Security Assistance Forces focused on specific militant targets and safe havens within Sabari and Terezai Districts of Khowst province in eastern Afghanistan. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire / RELEASED)

No comments:

Post a Comment

[eastern europe]

[south west utah]