August 9, 2009

Survival of the fittest but I’ll never leave a fallen comrade



Haiku
By Matt Freire

I have never ever written a haiku how's this is it all right

I’m not quite sure how these are suppose to go or what they are used for

I drink bottles and bottles of water and it still looks just like tang

Hot water tastes really good when you are extremely dehydrated

Fat people are harder to kidnap that is why I eat like I do

Survival of the fittest but I’ll never leave a fallen comrade

The way my food crumbles reminds me of the manner my mind mumbles

There can be a nasty taste in my mouth and my toothbrush does not help

Climb a mountain of human poop and I still will smell worse then you do

I live for those sudden moments that I can immediately pass

Everyone needs to hate on someone that’s why I hate on porta jons

Do not look too surprised when I slap you in the face with a haiku

I like funny words like moisturizer is Jergens extra healing

Why do air raid sirens seem to always alert us after the fact

Breaking your nose can hurt just as bad as spitting food in a guys face

What is a haiku, if you can figure it out I'll give you a treat

He told me the liquor made him piss his pants but I knew otherwise

Stop snitching because that will make all of our lives closer to the end

Look how racist we crackers are don’t crumble me up in your hot soup

I do prefer jelly on my toast but jam is a good substitute

I wish I made sense to you but I could never make sense to myself



Photo:
U.S. Soldiers from 2nd Battalion, 377th Parachute Field Artillery Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, wait for the CH-47 Chinook to land so they can depart from an air assault mission to search the Khost province of Afghanistan during Operation Champion Sword on Jul. 28, 2009. Operation Champion Sword is a joint operation involving Afghanistan National Security Forces and International Security Assistance Forces focused on specific militant targets and safe havens within Sabari and Terezai Districts of Khost province in eastern Afghanistan. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire / RELEASED)

1 comment:

  1. This is cool. Each line is 17 syllables like a haiku. It's like you are messing around with the form, playing, challenging it. I like two lines especially. "The way my food crumbles reminds me of the manner my mind mumbles." And "Look how racist we crackers are don't crumble me up in your hot soup." Nice.

    ReplyDelete

[eastern europe]

[south west utah]