August 29, 2009

rifle pop shots and I belt out screams


Pulsing Stake
By Matt Freire

Step stepping steps of distress that arrest the congested chest
that strips off vests and the rest of this mess
moves out west to stake claims and to find some of that sweet internets
I heard they got some out California way
Around these parts they done 'n dried up

So I grab my mead and feed my gallant steed
the skeezey journeymen are menacing
but I’m more mean
rifle pops shots and I belt out screams
and squeeze their life’s dreams
All in search of these internets

Information highway my display is flickering away
as I surf without getting wet but a debt could be picked up in this quest
as I ingest pages of url dot com turf blurbs
of whatever I could question is answered with a click
wrist skip spam handle this with blood shot retinas
viruses infected Trojans are opposite of fun

channel change digits
change newscasters illiterate static midgets
set themselves on fire
as i huff ‘n puff this house is made of blades
star spangle this razor cuts finger
cuts knuckles
cuts sitcoms and commercials
plug it in
turn it on
snappy nurses and foreign fishermen's liberation
sit down the change
sit down the change
but never blink
and the mind is gone
circuit crucified
my mind hangs 999 channels wide
flip on its hind end
but nothing’s playing
but eyes are stained straining
glaring changing
various murk this Astro turf needs a mow
weeded cinderblock sidewalks
the overt mustard seed needs to grow

I’m like a pulsing stake
Meat flavored bubble gum with a shot of hot sauce
Liquid snakes the drain
ankles angled asinine
pacified the remote
turn the volume up i can’t hear you
over the sound of my pulsing heart

beat
turn it on
beat
wonder from
pulse movement catapults direct
pause static interference

2 comments:

  1. this one is really good one of my faovrite ones you have on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the voice of this is entertaining. old time western colloquial sounding cadence gives way to modern info /entertainment age cynism or at least pin pointed critique of popular culture as seen from a soldier separated from full on saturation of pop cult

    ReplyDelete

[eastern europe]

[south west utah]